Responsible Serving of Alcohol
Washington Responsible Serving of Alcohol Information
Approved for online Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) by the Washington State Liquor Control Board
Related Courses for WA:
- Employer Packages for Washington
- Washington Food Safety for Handlers
- Washington Food Safety for Managers
The minimum age to sell and serve alcohol in Washington is 18.
The Washington State Liquor Control BoardThe agency that handles Washington liquor licensing and/or bartender licensing rules and regulations in Washington is The Washington State Liquor Control Board. The contact information for The Washington State Liquor Control Board is listed below. You can contact them to verify that online server certification (bartender license) can be obtained in Washington. We have also listed that information where applicable.
The Washington State Liquor Control Board
Phone: (360) 664-1600
Washington Licensee's Certification Card
In Washington, any person attempting to purchase alcohol is required to present proper identification proving they are 21 or older. If you have doubts about the person's age, even if the ID is one of the acceptable forms of ID, you can ask the customer to complete a Licensee Certification card.
Licensee Certification cards must be filled out completely and signed by the person presenting the ID. These cards must also be filed by the close of business the same day the cards are completed. Licensee Certification cards must be available for examination by any law enforcement officer.
A completed Licensee Certification card is a defense if you are charged with serving alcohol to a minor (if the card is filled out correctly and the minor has signed the card) and is evidence that you have acted in good faith to prevent the sale of alcohol to a minor.
Click Here To Download Washington Licensee's Certification Card.
Bartending License regulations for sellers and servers in Washington
- WA Dram Shop Laws: Yes
- WA Happy Hour Laws: Washington state law does not allow the following types of promotions: Two for the price of one, Buy one, get one free, Two drinks for a fixed price, All you can drink, and Free or complimentary drinks. A business also may not sell (or offer or advertise to sell) alcohol for a price that is less than the business paid for it. There may be exceptions under certain circumstances, such as when a product is discontinued or seasonal (after the season for the product) or the goods are damaged or have deteriorated.
Can bartenders in WA work as a bartender with a felony conviction? no
No. Permit holder (servers get class 12 and class 13 permits) may lose his/her permit for 2nd violation of OTHER VIOLATIONS OF LAWS: Conviction of liquor laws, driving under the influence, or felony.
Related Site Searches
- abc license classes in delaware
- abc license delaware
- nm servers license online
- beverage server license wa'
- new mexico servers license online
- alcohol servers license new mexico
- nm alcohol servers license online
- new mexico alcohol servers license online
- alcohol server license louisiana
- delaware abc license classes
- abc license delaware classes